28 Fairview Rd, Barrie
Situated at 28 Fairview Road, Barrie, the Mandarin Restaurant is one of the 29 Mandarin restaurants in Ontario owned by the Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporations. It is an all-you-can-eat style buffet restaurant offering more than 100 dishes from Chinese, Canadian, and other cuisines worldwide.
The restaurant remains open seven days a week, both for lunch and dinner. A lunch buffet costs $18.99 on weekdays and $22.99 on weekends and holidays. For dinner, you have to pay $26.99 from Monday to Thursday and $29.99 from Friday to Sunday. Several discounts are also available for children and seniors, like 20% off for people over 65.
In addition to more than 100 dishes served as buffet items, you can opt for a-la-carte, take-out, and delivery. The buffet includes well-cooked hot entrees, grilled food, a salad bar, soup & bread, sushi, pizza, dessert, cotton candy, fruits, ice cream, Sundae & frozen yoghurt bar.
Based on online reviews, some of their most popular food items include crab legs, sushi, prime rib, wonton soup, roast beef, mussels, and spring rolls. In addition to the dishes, the restaurant’s atmosphere is also relaxing, with eye-catching decor. The interior is spacious, but you may find seating very close to each other as they are bustling.
- A wide range of food options from different cuisines to choose from
- Kids-friendly with half price for children from 4 to 12 and $2 for children under four.
- Most customer reviews praised their customer service and rated them as friendly.
- The taste and quality of their buffet items are mostly rated as fresh, delicious, well-cooked, and hot.
- The seating is close to the place may feel crowded and noisy.
- You may have to wait at a popular and busy restaurant, especially at weekends.
- Some customers complained that in the last few years, they limited their food items from 150 to 100, removing some popular options like crab legs.
- A few customers also rated them as expensive.
Founded in 1979, almost 40 years ago, with only a single restaurant in Brampton, Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporation now owns 29 restaurants across Ontario. The Barrie franchise has also served the local community for over a decade.
Based on the feedback on different review websites, Mandarin Restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants in Barrie. It currently ranks among the top 16 restaurants in Barrie based on the customer reviews on TripAdvisor, out of 360+ total restaurants in the city.
They also won TripAdvisor’s certificate of excellence award for the last four years, from 2015 to 2018. The number of reviews, thousands on different review websites, also indicates that Mandarin Restaurant is popular among Barrie locals and travellers from neighbouring cities.
Located right at the centre of downtown Barrie, access to the restaurant is easy, and there is also enough space for parking. However, it is better to make a reservation as it is a busy restaurant that remains crowded on weekends and at dinner times. If you’re looking for more Asian food in Barrie, we have a guide to Chinese restaurants in Barrie here.
- Parking Available
- Vegetarian Friendly
- Take Away
- Wheelchair Accessible
Phone: (705) 727-1000