11 Victoria St., Barrie
PIE Wood Fried Pizza Joint is one of Ontario’s seven popular chain restaurants and the second in Barrie, at the waterfront on Victoria Street. The first restaurant started as the pioneer of wood oven pizza in 2009 but soon expanded to 6 more restaurants in Barrie, Muskoka, Collingwood, Woodbridge, and Midland.
The PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint Waterfront is not only popular due to its famous wood-fired pizzas made from fresh and authentic ingredients and its waterfront location, which offers you an incredible view of the lake.
The restaurant serves Italian and Canadian cuisines. To add authenticity to their Italian cuisine and flavours, their ovens are also imported from Italy. The restaurant remains open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.
They also offer a wide range of wood-fired pies, with a price between $9 and $19. You can choose from 25 different flavours. Other menu items like pasta, salads, risotto balls, meatballs, cheese curds, smoked salmon, cheese spinach, chicken wings, and several precious things are also available.
In addition, you can also choose from a wide selection of drinks and beers.
- Kids-friendly with a kid menu, perfect for kids’ parties and birthdays.
- Most customers praised their fast service.
- Plenty of flavours and menu items to choose from.
- Plenty of vegan options, with an option for gluten-free pizza also available.
- Some customers complained that the wait staff was not as friendly as expected in a restaurant.
- A few customers on different review websites also rated the restaurant as expensive.
- Noisy not for those looking for a quiet, calm, and intimidating place for a date or a couple of nights.
- It is a busy and popular place, so you may have to wait if you don’t have a reservation.
PIE Wood Fired Oven Joint Waterfront is a popular option for Barrie locals, with a great waterfront location offering amazing lake views. The restaurant is co-owned by Craig Russell and Randy Feltis, a certified chef.
You also have the option to choose between an indoor or outdoor patio seating option. Overall, plenty of space is available to host parties and group meetings. Based on customer reviews, they also won a certificate of excellence in 2016 on TripAdvisor.
There are also several TVs on the wall, free Wi-Fi and plenty of parking space. The ambience is casual and slightly noisy as the place is kids’ favourite.
The PIE Wood-Fired Oven Joint Waterfront is an excellent option to enjoy relaxing lake views with a unique wood-fired pizza.
For more family restaurants, see our guide to Barrie restaurants here.